Episode 22 – THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL: Conversations On Cinema
On this episode of “The Bad and the Beautiful,” Charles and Jeff look at two different approaches to testosterone-driven cinema, from a tentpole blockbuster to an art house auteur. First, Jeff takes a fast look at a furious spinoff, HOBBS & SHAW. Then.
- Hobbs & Shaw, @ 0:57
- Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood, @ 6:26
- “Gender & Race in the Tarantino Universe” (discussion), @23:30
- Outro / Contact Info, @ 31:27
First, I takes a fast look at a furious spinoff, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.
Then, both Charles joins me as we take a deep dive into Quentin Tarantino‘s 9th feature film, first by reviewing Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood in depth, then following that with a discussion about gender and ethnic politics in the Tarantino universe.
(WARNING: while no specific plot details are revealed, aspects of the Once Upon A Time… discussion should be considered SPOILERS for the end of the movie.)
– THEME SONG: “Love Is For The Very Young”, David Raksin, The Bad and the Beautiful
– “ Numero Uno Cologne – Radio Ad ”, Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood
E-mail us your thoughts at: firstname.lastname@example.org